McHENRY COUNTY MENTAL HEALTH BOARD INFORMATION
Requests for public records should be submitted to the Executive Director or any FOIA Officer of the MHB. Requests for public records shall be submitted to the following address: Attention: Executive Director or FOIA Officer, McHenry County Mental Health Board, 620 Dakota Street, Crystal Lake, IL 60012.
Requests in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act and this Policy shall be made in writing via personal delivery, mail, telefax, e-mail, or other means available to the MHB and may but are not required to be made on forms approved by the MHB. The Requestor shall provide the following information in a request for public records:
- The Requestor’s full name, address, and daytime phone number.
- A brief description of the public record(s) sought, being as specific as possible.
- Whether the request is for inspection of public records, copies of public records, or both, copies will be provided in the manner/medium requested or in an agreed upon manner, as feasible.
- Whether the copies of public records requested should be certified.
- Whether the public records requested are requested for a commercial purpose.
- Whether the Requestor is requesting a fee waiver.
The MHB has the following Freedom of Information Officers and their e-mail addresses are, as follows:
- Terry Braune (email@example.com).
The MHB is located at 620 Dakota Street, Crystal Lake, IL 60012 and can be reached at (815) 455-2828 or faxed at (815) 455-2925.
The MHB is a separate part of McHenry County Government, provided for in 405 ILCS 20 Section 0.1, et. seq. It was created by a referendum of the residents in McHenry County in 1967. The MHB has a special duty to assure that quality services are provided to the mentally ill, developmentally disabled and chemically abused residents of our county. The MHB is a nine (9) member board, appointed by the Chairperson of the County Board, consisting of the following individuals:
The MHB has the following committees:
Information pertaining to the Mental Health Board’s budget can be found with the complete county budget.