De-escalation Skills | Wednesday, June 16, 2021 | 9:00 am to 11:00 am
Presented by James Wagner, James Wagner & Associates, LLC
REGISTER NOW! 2 FREE CEUs: ICB/IAODAPCA included
IDFPR—SOCIAL WORKER/PROFESSIONAL COUNSELOR
Our De-escalation skills program focuses on utilizing Emotional intelligence to safely defuse crisis situations and avoid escalation.
By the end of this training, participants will:
- Identify the skills required to engage in de-escalation.
- Identify the role of Emotional Intelligence in De-escalation.
- Discuss the role of emotions in driving behavior.
- Identify the role of communication in de-escalation.
- Identify the 5 different conflict resolution strategies.
- Discuss and de-escalation skills in the context of safety and positioning
James Wagner is the lead instructor and author of the material used. He brings over 30 years of law enforcement experience to this program. His experience includes:
• Interpersonal Communications instructor
• SWAT and Hostage Negotiations
• Forensic Interviewing Instructor
• Crowd Management
• Crisis Communications
• Crisis Intervention